We’re here to help businesses thrive in downtown Fort Wayne.
Our downtown development focus is on advancing the goals of the Downtown Fort Wayne Blueprint, the Plan-It Allen County Comprehensive Plan, and other urban revitalization initiatives.
We accomplish this by facilitating…
- real-estate acquisition
- new construction
We’ve also partnered with the Downtown Improvement District (DID) to create the Downtown Trust, which seeks money and property for short- and long-term downtown capital projects.
Through our committee, which is composed of business and community leaders interested in the success of downtown Fort Wayne development, we provide…
- project feasibility analysis
- selective pre-development assistance for downtown and neighborhood corridor projects, including technical, architectural, environmental, engineering, and market analysis
- collaboration with private and public partners to effectively market specific sites for development projects
- land banking of key future development sites until the appropriate project and/or development team can be identified
- liaison services to expedite permitting, application of code, and dealing with regulatory issues
- assistance to developers seeking to attract financing from a variety of public and private sources
- assistance in promoting quality urban design
- partnership with private and public developers to fill financing gaps, mitigate risks, and jumpstart projects (when necessary, also undertaking anchor and other strategic projects on a proactive basis
- Building Momentum – buildingfortwayne.com
- Downtown Improvement District – www.downtownfortwayne.com
- City of Fort Wayne – www.cityoffortwayne.org
For further information on our downtown development efforts, contact Greater Fort Wayne Inc.