Internship Title: Summer Intern
Company: Indiana Tech
Department: Finance and Accounting
Reports to: Controller
The Summer Intern will be responsible for specific projects for the Finance & Accounting department. Potential projects include formalizing documentation of fraud prevention program including the development of fraud prevention employee training materials, assessment of internal controls, development of department calendar for all major department deadlines (budgets, audits, surveys, tax filings, etc.). This position will also be responsible for balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement analysis, and audit work paper completion.
- Accounting major, entering senior year preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel and Word) and general computer skills
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Skill in verbal and written communication
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.