Internship Title: IT Intern
Employer: Franklin Electric
Location: 9255 Coverdale Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46809
Start Date: May 2019
Duration: Commensurate with Program
Approximate hours per week: 40
Travel required: No
Desired Class level: TBD
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Desired Degree: Business Information Systems or similar
The internship will focus on multiple areas of IT ranging from networking, server administration, and service desk support. The selected candidate will work alongside existing team members to achieve assigned project goals outlined by supporting management team. The candidate will be able to gain exposure to business involvement on a global platform while building relationships and meeting project deadlines.
Essential Functions: day-to-day
- Incident Management Process
- Responds to internal customers to resolve their technology problems.
- Enters and manages Incident and Service Request tickets in ServiceNow (IT Service Management Application).
- Provides technical support related to computer programs used by Franklin Electric employees across all business functions.
- Provides hardware support for computers, servers, or networking equipment in both business and manufacturing environments.
- Project Management
- Participates as a resource on project led by others.
- Completes assigned project tasks on time and with high quality.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Learning Outcomes: The student will be exposed to multiple IT-related areas and will receive a broad exposure to a corporate environment in both technology and general employment sense.
- Enrolled in College
- Pursuing an IT related degree
- Junior or Senior standing