Sales and Operations Management interns will train in an entrepreneurial environment and have the desire to manage their own operation and improve their sales / management skills. You will be actively involved with the sales, administrative, service, and operations teams. This is an excellent opportunity for confident individuals with customer focus to begin an exciting, well-paid seasonal position/internship with the nation’s leading transportation company.
Regardless of experience or college major, this position will give you the business experience you need to excel. We offer a structured training program, which will enable you to apply your educational training and skills to real world situations. For interns, weekly meetings with managers will ensure your involvement and growth throughout the program.
This is a great opportunity as you develop skills while earning additional income during the summer. Upon graduation, our best interns have an opportunity to join our full-time Sales / Management Trainee program.
This position will give you the real-world sales and business skills to stand out amongst your peers!
- Handle inbound and outbound sales process
- Generate new business leads and maintain existing customer relationships
- Manage and oversee large fleet of vehicles
- Match vehicle demand with availability
- Coordinate all aspects of customer’s accounts
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to make independent decisions, work well in a team environment, customer service skills, organizational skills, and a positive attitude are required
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Valid driver’s license required, as is the ability and willingness to drive Penske vehicles.
- Students looking for an internship are required to review this position with their school representatives
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, travel as necessary, accurately complete Penske’s employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs/12 kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.