21 Individuals, 5 Organizations Recognized
FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc., is pleased to announce 26 nominees for the 12th Annual ATHENA Awards Program. GFW Inc., will award two deserving community leaders and one deserving organization with the Leadership Award, the Young Professional Award and the Organizational Leadership Award.
The prestigious ATHENA Leadership Award honors individuals who demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession, who provide valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community, and who actively assist women in realizing their full leadership potential.
The 2017 ATHENA Leadership nominees are:
- Kathleen Alter, Chief Executive Officer, Women’s Bureau, Inc.
- Kathy Callen, Community Engagement Executive & Senior Vice President, Old National Bank
- Sue Ehinger, Chief Experience Officer, Parkview Health
- Angie Fincannon, Vice Chancellor for Advancement, IPFW
- Brenda Gerber, Vice President of Development, Lifeline Youth & Family Services and Crosswinds, Inc.
- Gina Kostoff, Executive Director, Fort Wayne Urban Enterprise Association, Inc.
- Nora Stewart, Chief Vision Officer, Entheos Audiology Cooperative
- Ruth Strawser, Director of Brand & Strategy Management, Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana
- David Threm, Chief Information Officer, Ash Brokerage Corporation
- Faith Van Gilder, Account Supervisor, Asher Agency
The ATHENA Young Professional Award honors emerging women leaders, aged 40 and under, who demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession, provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community, and clearly serve as a role model for young women, both personally and professionally.
The 2017 ATHENA Young Professional nominees are:
- Ashley Adamson, Program Manager In-School / JA In A Day Specialist, Junior Achievement
- Holly Barnett, Resident Program Director, Harbour Assisted Living of Fort Wayne
- Anna Bobrowski, Operations Specialist, Fort Wayne-Allen County Airport Authority
- Makenna Click, Owner, Yummi Bunni
- Megan Crites, Associate, MKM architecture + design
- Ashley Jylland-Hade, Volunteer & Human Resources Coordinator for The League for the Blind & Disabled
- Shubitha Kever, Director of TRIO Student Support Services, IPFW
- Kristin Marcuccilli, Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, STAR Financial Bank
- Susan Mendenhall, President, Arts United of Greater Fort Wayne, Inc.
- Carrie Minnich, Director, Dulin, Ward & DeWald, Inc.
- Brooke Sellhorn, Clinical Director, Crosswinds In-Home Family Counseling
The ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award honors an organization within the community that creates an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential and gives back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives.
The 2017 ATHENA Organizational Leadership nominees are:
- Asher Agency
- Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL)
- McMahon’s Best-One Tire & Auto Care
- Questa Education Foundation
The nominees will be honored and the recipients announced at a luncheon on Wednesday, March 29, at 11 a.m., at Hotel Fort Wayne.Â Ann Playter, Communications Director for ATHENA International, will be the keynote speaker and WANE-TV anchor Heather Herron will serve as emcee.
Tickets are $35 per person and sponsorships are available. Registration is required by Wednesday, March 22 at http://athena.gfwinc.com.Â For more information, contact Audrea Castaneda at (260) 420-6945 or email@example.com.
About ATHENA International
Founded in 1982, ATHENA International’s mission is honoring, developing and supporting women leaders, inspiring women to reach their full leadership potential to create a balance of power worldwide. The Global ATHENA Leadership Award is presented to individuals who have achieved a high degree of professional excellence, have assisted women to develop their full potential by opening up leadership opportunities, and whose body of work has made a national or international impact. To learn more about ATHENA International, visit www.athenainternational.org.
About Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. serves Fort Wayne and Allen County, Indiana, as its metro chamber alliance and primary point of contact for economic growth. GFW Inc. focuses on prosperity and community vibrancy through economic development, advocacy, programs and resources that support business success, leadership development, graduate retention and community engagement. To learn more, visit www.greaterfortwayneinc.com.