OPEX Fort Wayne set for grand opening

FORT WAYNE, Ind. – A fitness center aiming to inspire the community is preparing to celebrate its grand opening. OPEX Fort Wayne will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 5825 Covington Rd.

OPEX Fort Wayne provides personal training services, as well as individual programming and nourishment. In addition to workouts, the facility offers smoothies, infrared saunas, cryotherapy, massage, a meditation room, and accountability sessions with professional coaches. In recent months, OPEX Fort Wayne added a Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)-certified physical therapist who specializes in working with golfers.

Owner and lead trainer Erin Scheele says an investment in personal fitness is an investment in a better world.

“Fort Wayne is flourishing with smart, educated people who want to make a difference in this world,” Scheele said. “The least selfish thing you can do is take 4% of your day to take care of yourself so you are able to take care of others the other 96%!”

Scheele is an Indiana University graduate, with a degree in kinesiology. She takes a holistic approach to fitness, massage, nutrition, and yoga. Her goal is to impact 100,000 people in the Fort Wayne area within 10 years.

“I’ve been in the fitness industry for more than 20 years,” she said. “Being fit changes lives. It creates a thread that weaves its way through every aspect of life.”

OPEX Fort Wayne’s ribbon-cutting ceremony is open to the public. An open house and celebration will follow, with giveaway items including personal training sessions, 12 one-month all-inclusive membership packages, smoothies, cryo sculpting packages, and more.

About OPEX Fort Wayne

OPEX Fort Wayne is the leading provider of specialized and tailored health and fitness services in the area. By delivering premium health and fitness services for our varied community, we are confident that we can help you to reach—and surpass—your fitness goals. Whether your aim is to lose that stubborn body fat, improve your diet, train for a marathon, or just feel better in your day-to-day life, we can help! If you’re looking to live a healthier more fit lifestyle, look no further! For more information, visit theworxout.com.

About Greater Fort Wayne Inc.

Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. serves Fort Wayne and Allen County, Indiana, as its primary point of contact for economic growth. GFW Inc. focuses on prosperity and community vibrancy through economic development, advocacy, programs, and resources that support business success, leadership development, graduate retention, and community engagement.