FORT WAYNE, Ind. – Greater Fort Wayne Inc. today announced the launch of its new Women’s Network. The GFW Inc. Women’s Network will embrace the many individuals and organizations that support the diversity of our community–and the individuals, networks, and organizations that support women and empower all people.
“We want to connect, inspire, and empower women,” said Cheri Becker, VP of investor services and programs at GFW Inc. “The Women’s Network will accomplish those goals by convening programs and events of special interest to women and their supporters.”
The Women’s Network strives to:
- Support political balance, economic equality, and diversity of thought among all people.
- Support leadership and relationship building and networking among all women.
- Identify and support existing mentorship and engagement opportunities for women at every life stage.
- Foster collaboration and communication among women’s networking and professional organizations in Fort Wayne, Allen County, and Northeast Indiana.
- Serve as a community resource.
GFW Inc. Women’s Network activities will encourage career enrichment and professional development, and spotlight women’s significant accomplishments and contributions to quality-of-life enhancements in Allen County. Upcoming events and programs include:
The GFW Inc. Women’s Network Exchange
The Women’s Network Exchange is a series of enlightening and empowering events. The following events are already scheduled for 2018:
- Small-group, topic-specific discussion sessions slated for May 23 and June 22.
- “Women Who Lead: In Their Words,” an informative and powerful luncheon featuring local women leaders sharing their stories. This event is scheduled for Oct. 24.
Hamilton Sisters Leadership Award
Inspired by the Hamilton Women of Fort Wayne, this award will be given each year to an individual who has made to lasting contributions to the development of our community and country. A kickoff breakfast scheduled for March 2019 will launch the nomination process for the inaugural Hamilton Sisters Leadership Award.
The GFW Inc. Women’s Network is the result of work completed by members of the Leadership Fort Wayne Class of 2017, as part of their Community Action Team project which focused on elevating women in leadership.
Each member of the Women’s Network will receive the benefits of being an individual GFW Inc. investor. Non-members are also invited to register for Women’s Network events. To learn more, visit the GFW Inc. Women’s Network web page, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (260) 420-6945.
About Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. serves Fort Wayne and Allen County, Indiana, as its metro chamber alliance and primary point of contact for economic growth. GFW Inc. focuses on prosperity and community vibrancy through economic development, advocacy, programs, and resources that support business success, leadership development, graduate retention, and community engagement.