FORT WAYNE, Ind. — Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. will host its first-ever Economic Development Summit on Sept. 15 at the Memorial Coliseum. The event is designed to equip local business leaders for a successful future, with expert presentations and panel discussions delivering insights about the big-picture issues that impact businesses.
“I look at this event as a daylong masterclass for local business leaders of every industry,” GFW Inc. president and CEO John Urbahns said. “Many of the presenters and panelists are subject-matter experts on a statewide and national level. When they bring their expertise to a talented group of businesspeople, I have no doubt this Economic Development Summit will leave our local business community—and Allen County as a whole—in a position to succeed going forward.”
The day’s schedule includes:
- A motivational message from Indiana Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch.
- An economic outlook from nationally renowned economist Dr. Michael Hicks, director of the Center for Business and Economic Research at the Ball State University.
- A presentation detailing how entrepreneurship can help Hoosier communities thrive, with Fishers Mayor Scott Fadness.
- An overview of Indiana’s plan for business development, presented by Ann Lathrop, executive vice president of global investments for the Indiana Economic Development Corporation.
- A panel discussion about regional public university growth with the leaders of Purdue University Fort Wayne, Indiana University Fort Wayne, and Ivy Tech Northeast.
- A conversation about local housing, with experts from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
- A firsthand look at our startup ecosystem, featuring a panel of local entrepreneurs.
The GFW Inc. Economic Development Summit will run from 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 15 at the Memorial Coliseum. Tickets are available at summit22.gfwinc.com.
About Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. serves Fort Wayne and Allen County, Ind., as its primary point of contact for economic growth. GFW Inc. focuses on prosperity and community vibrancy through economic development, advocacy, programs and resources that support business success, leadership development, graduate retention, and community engagement.