FORT WAYNE, Ind. — For the first time, Fort Wayne will have a host site for Leadercast Women, an annual leadership conference featuring world-renowned speakers. The GFW Inc. Women’s Network and Integrated Talent Solutions will sponsor the host site on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at The Summit, where viewers can watch a broadcast of the conference in a group setting.
“Having watched Leadercast Women in the past, I know that this event will help build better leaders in our community,” said Jami Thomas, director of investor relations and programs at GFW Inc. “Not only are the presentations inspiring and empowering, but the group setting will help our attendees connect with each other and build relationships.”
Leadercast Women is a live event held in Atlanta; The Summit is one of approximately 40 host sites in the United States where viewers can watch the presentations remotely. Fort Wayne and Plymouth are the only host sites in Indiana.
Leadercast Women has a significant local tie: Leadercast president and CEO Angela (Metzger) Raub is a former resident of Waterloo, Ind., and a DeKalb High School graduate.
Speakers at Leadercast Women 2018 include:
- Jenna Bush Hager, chair of UNICEF’s Next Generation, an initiative dedicated to reducing the number of preventable childhood deaths around the world.
- Marilyn Tam, formerly CEO of Aveda Corp., president of Reebok Apparel and Retail Group, vice president of Nike Inc., and currently a successful entrepreneur.
- Molly Fletcher, who recruited and represented hundreds of sport’s biggest names in two decades as one of the world’s only female sports agents.
- Clemantine Wamariya, storyteller, human rights advocate, and author of The Girl Who Smiled Beads: A Story of War and What Comes After, her memoir of her childhood in Rwanda, displacement throughout war-torn countries, and experiences in various refugee camps.
- Julia Landauer, a two-time champion NASCAR racer.
Leadercast Women 2018 is billed as “an event that will change you, not simply with ‘how to’ advice that will make you a better leader, but also with long-term lessons in life and leadership that help you grow into the person you’ve always aspired to be.”
Registration information and a full list of speakers are available on the GFW Inc. website. Admission is $50 for GFW Inc. investors and $75 for future investors. Attendees can earn continuing education credits (CEUs) from agencies including SHRM and HRCI.
The GFW Inc. Women’s Network is the result of work completed by members of the Leadership Fort Wayne Class of 2017, as part of their Community Action Team project which focused on elevating women in leadership. To learn more, visit the GFW Inc. Women’s Network web page, email email@example.com, or call (260) 420-6945.
About Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. serves Fort Wayne and Allen County, Indiana, as its metro chamber alliance and primary point of contact for economic growth. GFW Inc. focuses on prosperity and community vibrancy through economic development, advocacy, programs, and resources that support business success, leadership development, graduate retention, and community engagement.