Over the next ten years, these five projects will help increase the average wage, the population growth rate to 2.1 percent, and the GDP from $30 billion to $60 billion over the next 15 years.
To date, more than 2,700 community members have signed in support the community’s efforts to get the projects completed, and move Fort Wayne and Allen County forward to become a nationally-recognized economy.
The five key projects identified include ideas that have been circulating in the community for years and aligns them, adding an estimated price tag and timeline to each.
- $85 million Event Center, 2016-2018
- $30 million redevelopment of The Landing on Columbia Street 2016-2018
- $100 million Riverfront Promenade, 2017-2021
- $250 million redevelopment of the GE Campus, 2018 to 2020
- $180 million STEAM Park, 2021 to 2025
This plan is expected to generate $3.5 billion in private investment over the next 15 to 20 years.