Inter-City Visits give us an opportunity to learn from best-in-class cities. By bringing business and community leaders together to learn from other communities, we adapt those lessons for our own success. The visits offer the opportunity to learn from class-A cities in top metros around the nation.
The goal of the community visitation program is to inspire vision, change, and collaboration for a better community.
Past community visits and areas of focus include:
- 2018 – Greenville, S.C.: Downtown & riverfront development, entrepreneurship, and arts & culture
- 2017 – Durham, N.C.: Electric Works revitalization
- 2015 – Grand Rapids & Kalamazoo, Mich.: Riverfront development
- 2014 – Des Moines, Iowa: Philanthropic engagement
- 2013 – Reverse City Visit in Fort Wayne: Experience building momentum
- 2012 – Wichita, Kansas: Downtown & riverfront development
- 2011 – Denver, Colo.: Regional economic development
- 2007 – Chattanooga, Tenn.: Riverfront development
- 2006 – Providence, R.I.: Cultural district
- 2005 – Greenville, S.C.: Downtown & riverfront development