To cultivate better leaders, a community must help people become more knowledgeable, compassionate, and engaged. For more than 30 years, the Leadership Fort Wayne program has trained individuals on ways to better understand the community and their collective and individual capacities to drive positive change through leadership and civic engagement.
Leadership Fort Wayne consists of nine full-day programs (September-May), class projects, participation in community activities, opportunities for hands-on experiences, and an internship on a nonprofit board of directors. Area leaders and experts provide information about the community and its history, institutions, socioeconomic composition, and current issues. Our goal of this eight-month program is to train, prepare, and inspire individuals to positively impact greater Fort Wayne-Allen County through meaningful engagement.
- To instill an understanding of community trusteeship and a life-long commitment to community service
- To provide information about the community–its history, people, strengths, challenges, and opportunities
- To deliver opportunities to practice leadership skills and utilize knowledge gained
All applicants must:
- Currently be working and/or living in the greater Fort Wayne area.
- Have full support from their employer or sponsoring organization.
- Possess the ability to achieve personal goals.
- Have the necessary time and resources to commit to community service.
The application period has ended for the Class of 2020.
Applications for the Class of 2021 will open in spring 2020.