For more than 35 years, Leadership Fort Wayne has inspired emerging leaders to embrace the community, get involved, and drive positive change.
Join our next cohort to get:
Go behind the scenes to meet some of the city’s iconic institutions and leaders.
Grow your abilities in a fast-paced, engaging, and inspirational learning environment.
Put your skills to work in an optional nonprofit board internship.
A POWERFUL NETWORK
Connect with the LFW alumni network—more than 1,300 members strong.
Leadership Fort Wayne consists of seven full-day programs (November-May), class projects, participation in community activities, opportunities for hands-on experiences, and an optional internship on a nonprofit board of directors. Area leaders and experts provide information about the community and its history, institutions, socioeconomic composition, and current issues. Our goal of this seven-month program is to train, prepare, and inspire individuals to positively impact greater Fort Wayne-Allen County through meaningful engagement.
- To instill an understanding of community trusteeship and a life-long commitment to community service
- To provide information about the community–its history, people, strengths, challenges, and opportunities
- To deliver opportunities to practice leadership skills and utilize knowledge gained
All participants must:
- Currently be working and/or living in the greater Fort Wayne area.
- Have full support from their employer or sponsoring organization.
- Possess the ability to achieve personal goals.
- Have the necessary time and resources to commit to community service.
Participants are expected to make a commitment to the program, including:
- Attending the mandatory one-and-a-half day retreat in October.
- Attending at least 80% of the seven monthly, full-day sessions (November-May).
- In addition to completing out-of-class assignments, class members will work on a community action team project and provide community service.
- Being mindful of COVID-19, will create opportunities for class members to participate either in-person or virtually based on personal comfort level and respective employer guidelines.
A willingness to support LFW through time, talent, and treasure and referral of future candidates for the benefit of our community is also expected.
Each month, participants meet for a “program day,” getting behind-the-scenes looks at the building blocks of our community, featuring insights from key leaders. These topics are:
- Community history.
- Arts and culture.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Public safety.
- Health services.
- Government and economic development.
Key dates for the Class of 2021 include:
Application deadline: Oct. 9, 2020
Selection day: TBD
Orientation: Jan. 21-22, 2021
- Feb. 18, 2021
- March 18, 2021
- April 22, 2021
- May 20, 2021
- June 8, 2021
- July 15, 2021
- Aug. 19, 2021
- Sept. 23, 2021
Graduation: December 2021 (at Greater Fort Wayne Inc.’s Holiday Night event)
Tuition fees are:
- $1,800 for employees of GFW Inc. investor companies.
- $2,000 for employees of non-investor companies and individuals.
Tuition may be paid by an employer, a sponsoring organization, or the participant. A limited number of sponsorships to underwrite program days or Designated Seat Sponsorships are available to GFW Inc. investors only. Sponsorships are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.