The Champions of Change Awards celebrate the achievements of individuals who inspire, empower, and advocate for women in Fort Wayne / Allen County. We have shined a well-deserved spotlight on more than 75 mentors and awarded the following individuals:
- 2019 – Wendy Moyle and John Dortch
- 2020 – Corinna Ladd and Marty Pastura
- 2021 – Leslee Hill and Rachel Tobin-Smith
- 2022 – Alison Gerardot, Jeanné Wickens, and Jeff Roberts
Thanks to support from the Barbara Burt Innovative Leader Fund hosted at the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne, each winner in 2023 will be offered a $1,000 grant to assist with continued leadership growth and impact in our community.
To nominate your mentor for the 2023 Champions of Change Awards, please read the information below and submit the nomination form.
This year, three Champions of Change Awards will be presented–each honoring an individual making a substantial impact in one of the following sectors:
The awards are given annually to individuals currently working and/or living in the greater Fort Wayne area / Allen County who:
- Demonstrate an unwavering passion and commitment to our community.
- Are role models and mentors making a difference in the lives of others.
- Have made significant contributions that have inspired women to succeed.
- Have made Allen County a better place to live, work, and play.
Details about the nomination process:
- Nominees are eligible for re-nomination in subsequent years by meeting the requirements of the award.
- Once a nomination has been received, nominators will be directed to a confirmation page. Nominees will be notified only if they are chosen as a finalist.
- Nominations will be reviewed on a blind basis by a committee of local leaders. To maintain objectivity, all names will be removed from nominations prior to review.
- Finalists will be notified prior to the Champions of Change event and offered a complimentary ticket to attend. A finalist’s name, bio, and/or photo may be used for social media or marketing promotional materials by Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
- Award winners will be announced at the Champions of Change event, scheduled for May 10 from 5-8 p.m.
- Thanks to support from the Barbara Burt Innovative Leader Fund hosted at the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne, each winner in 2023 will be offered a $1,000 grant to assist with continued leadership growth and further impact in our community. Recipients may use the funds to obtain or attend certifications, conferences, webinars or workshops. To be eligible for this grant, nominees must be currently serving on or running a nonprofit board/committee in Allen County, or seeking philanthropic service in the future. Greater Fort Wayne Inc. and the Foellinger Foundation will assist with connecting recipients to board opportunities if needed.
- Greater Fort Wayne Inc. reserves the right to decline a nomination and/or rescind an award from the winner in cases of fraudulent or criminal allegations, accusations, investigations, or charges.
To nominate an individual, please complete the following form by March 27, 2023. You can save or submit your nomination at the bottom of this page. If saving your progress to complete at a later time, you will be provided a unique link to return and submit prior to the deadline.
If you have questions, contact Meghan Short at firstname.lastname@example.org.