FORT WAYNE, Ind. – A new program will serve as a springboard for aspiring and current leaders in Allen County. Launched today by Greater Fort Wayne Inc., the Leadership 2.0 program will help participants take their leadership abilities to a higher level.
The Leadership 2.0 curriculum builds on the existing Leadership Fort Wayne program, featuring tools and techniques that help participants more confidently lead, regardless of their position in an organization. Topics covered include:
- Strengths-based, high-performance leadership.
- Leading high-performing teams.
- Leading vs. managing.
- Self-aware leadership principles.
- Core competencies such as how to read a financial statement, how to build a strategic plan, leading through conflict, building and conducting performance evaluations, and more.
Leadership 2.0 consists of half-day meetings, twice per month for six months. Throughout the program, participants will receive a series of leadership assessments, selected books, and a training manual and materials.
“Our current Leadership Fort Wayne program does a great job of immersing participants in our community and inspiring them to serve,” said Brenda Gerber Vincent, GFW Inc.’s VP of community and corporate impact. “Leadership 2.0 is designed to take that next step and focus on the ‘hard skills’ that propel leaders to a higher level.”
To be eligible for Leadership 2.0, participants must:
- Be a graduate of Leadership Fort Wayne or the Young Leaders of Northeast Indiana Leadership Institute.
- Currently work and/or live in Allen County.
- Have the full support of his or her employer or organization.
- Be committed to fully participate in the program and achieve personal and professional goals.
“Expectations for leaders and companies are higher than ever,” said Barry Schrock, director of leadership programs at GFW Inc. “We live in a complex world, but Leadership 2.0 is built to prepare participants to rise to the challenge.”
Applications for this year’s Leadership 2.0 cohort are available at L20.gfwinc.com. This inaugural cohort will be limited to 16 members. The application deadline is Oct. 6, with meetings beginning in January 2020. Interested applicants seeking more information may contact Barry Schrock at email@example.com or 260-203-5756.
About Greater Fort Wayne Inc.
Greater Fort Wayne (GFW) Inc. serves Fort Wayne and Allen County, Indiana, as its primary point of contact for economic growth. GFW Inc. focuses on prosperity and community vibrancy through economic development, advocacy, programs, and resources that support business success, leadership development, graduate retention, and community engagement.